One of the easiest ways to consistently come up with awesome blog content is to create blog theme days. It’s an easy way to solve these two blogging problems:
- I have too many blog post ideas and am not sure what to focus on
- I don’t have enough blog post ideas and need some inspiration!
Well lovely, that’s where having blog theme days can totally swoop in and save the day!
What Are Blog Theme Days?
Blog theme days, or blog memes, are simply a type of post that you write on a certain day of the week. It’s an easy way to keep your blogging consistent and, like a blog series, it can become something readers really look forward to.
When you have blog theme days in place, you’ll always have a template to follow for writing your blog post. This might mean product collages on a certain day of the week, or list posts on another. Whatever you choose, you’ll have an easy template to follow for recreating similar posts again and again. What’s more, having certain theme days to follow makes it easy to start filling up your editorial calendar so you’re never out of fabulous blog post ideas.
Blog Theme Day Ideas
Need a bit more inspiration than that? I got ya. Here are some blog theme day ideas that may work for you:
- Manicure Monday: Roundup your favorite nail trends
- Motivation Monday: Create a quote graphic to inspire your readers
- How-To Tuesday: Showcase a tutorial or DIY project
- Thursday Trends: Talk about the latest fashion & beauty trends
- Friday Faves/Friday Five: Show off some of your favorite items for the week in a product collage
- Friend Friday: Have a designated day for guest blog posts or use this day to interview someone inspiring to your readers
- Sunday Supper/Tasty Tuesday: Feature a new recipe if you’re a food or lifestyle blogger
- Sunday Style: Show off a casual weekend outfit from your online boutique
Really, the ideas for blog theme days are virtually limitless. If you find yourself frequently writing a certain type of post, you should consider turning it into a weekly theme! A theme day is a really powerful way to keep your audience engaged and help build consistency with your blogging, which is one of the secrets to better blogging!
When Should I Use Blog Theme Days?
You can use blog theme days whenever you want, some people even use them for every day of the week! I suggest starting out with just one, however, as having a certain theme for every day of the week may feel limiting at some point. Start with a favorite series you’ve been thinking about and go from there, you can always add in new blog theme days down the line!
Do you have any recurring blog theme days? Let me know in the comments below!
Like This Post? Join The Copy Clique!
Get writing tips, exclusive news, blog posts and more, straight to your inbox. Join the fun!